Three people have been taken to hospital after radioactive material was found inside a home in southern Sydney.
For several hours the home in Arncliffe was cordoned off with tape warning of a toxic, nuclear or biological hazard inside.
Australian Border Force (ABF) confirmed officials had carried out an operation with the assistance of fire crews.
Fire and Rescue New South Wales said “low level radioactive isotopes” had been found.
The material was discovered in a suitable and effective container with no release of radiation, the brigade added in a statement.
“They were able to further seal the material without incident. Three occupants of the address were taken to hospital, purely for observation,” it said.